While working for GE Capital’s Quality Assurance Center of Excellence, I did QA work for three projects: Know Your Customer(KYC), Service Now, and COBRA.
I took the lead on COBRA and completed the QA cycle for two releases.
- Reviewed project requirements documents and met with the program lead to understand testing needs.
- Developed a test plan outlining my test strategy
- Wrote test cases to cover all Functional, UI and business requirements.
- Developed formula driven Excel spreadsheets to automate data testing
- Executed testing and logged defects
- Communicated defects to developers and worked with them to prioritize the application’s needs and negotiate solutions
- Wrote sign off documentation when defects had been resolved
- I prevented the release of a faulty feature in the first release. This feature was a ‘nice to have’ so development initially wanted to release it without fixes, but I was able to demonstrate through multiple failed tests that the feature would reflect poorly on the team if released. It was held back from the first release and appeared as a fully functioning feature in the second release.
- I improved data testing coverage by automating testing in Excel. This enabled me to find several data discrepancies which may have been missed using a data sampling method.